The reasoning the surveyed men gave was that they were so unwilling to shop for their own underwear regularly that they would rather wait for theirs to fall apart before buying new ones. Some men think it’s a pain to go to the mall. Others are embarrassed to shop for underwear and will do so only when necessary.
While we strongly believe these men had to be extremely straight on the Kinsey scale, we also have indications gay men tend to do this way too often.
But so what’s so bad about that? Well, it comes down to a few factors. The first one is just this being super unsexy. Would you want to date someone with a faded out underwear that looks like he’s been wearing since his mum last got him a pair? So why would you make someone go through this?
The second part comes down to hygiene – it’s hard to believe a pair that is 7 years old or even a few, can be as good for you as a pair you get every month (like in our Gay Packs that make this especially easy).
So, why get them more often?
1) You’ll always feel clean, fresh, and well. Even if you take a bath every day, you’d still be dirty if you don’t buy new underwear regularly.
Your underwear is home to germs. They’re always in close contact with both of your privates, which are virtual habitats of bacteria. The side of the groin and the top fold of the bum are parts of the human body where bacteria love to live.
Like a kitchen sponge, your underwear is going to be contaminated with germs and there’s nothing you could do to clean them. This is why over time clothes tend to discolour or become smelly.
2) You’ll stay comfortable. If you keep your underwear longer than you should, they will become loose, thin, or rough no matter how much you take care of them.
3) Keep being & feeling more attractive. You wouldn’t date someone with really ugly underwear, so why are you making the world do this?
4) You’ll appear responsible. Buying yourself new underwear might not be a big deal to you but it will be to your partner. If you take care of yourself, others can depend on you to take care of them. One of the best ways you could learn how to take care of others is taking care of yourself.
5) You’ll be well informed of the latest trends. A new trend in underwear for men occurs virtually every month. There’s no better way to know it than going out and checking it out. If you don’t shop regularly, how will you know what’s in and what’s not? You don’t want to be left out, do you?
So, still want to keep your underwear this long? How long do you *really* keep them? Don’t have time to deal with this? Just get a Gay Pack and you’ll get a monthly delivery of fab underwear and grooming products!